Working as part of a sales team along Assistant Manager and the Showroom Manager you are responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operations. Key being to provide an outstanding, professional customer shopping experience to all customers and to make sales both face to face and over the telephone in-line with your quarterly KPI’s/Targets.
- Achieving/exceeding in store KPI’s/Targets put in place by up-selling and cross selling.
- Achieving/exceeding phone KPI’s/Targets put in place by up-selling and cross selling.
- Greeting customers who enter the store.
- Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
- Delivering all round excellent customer service and ensuring customers have a great shopping experience.
- Responsible for dealing with customer complaints with the support of your management team.
- Answering queries from customers both in store and over the phone.
- Giving advice and guidance on product selection to customers.
Processing and Reporting
- Working within established guidelines.
- Sales order processing.
- Being responsible for processing cash and card payments.
- Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
- Relief key holding in the absence of management.
- Keeping the store tidy and clean, this may include cleaning at times.
- Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
- Receiving and storing the delivery of any stock
- Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
- Having a friendly and engaging personality.
- Comfortable working with members of the public.
- Should have a confident manner.
- Excellent Telephone Manner.
- Must be helpful and polite.
- Assistants should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for a large part of the day.
- You should have a comprehensive understanding of your area of sales i.e. retail, Fast Moving Consumer Goods, bathroom equipment etc.
- Able to work as part of a sales team.
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
- Should be of a smart appearance and articulate.
Please note: This job description is not inclusive. Employees may need to perform other duties to meet the on-going need of the business.